Business Openings and Closings in Wilmette
A car wash is denied, a Marriott moves forward and a Gastropub plans to open in the spring.
Plenty of businesses are moving in and out of Wilmette and Kenilworth. Here's five who either opened their doors, broke ground or closed up shop these past few months in Wilmette and Kenilworth.
1) With Lawsuit Over, Marriott Construction Could Start in Spring: The current property owner says the now dismissed lawsuit delayed the sale of the land, but that it should be concluded in March.
2) Convito Café & Market: Taste Italy Without Leaving Wilmette: The romantic upscale bistro combines gourmet food and wine market and has been around under various names since 1980.
3) Wilmette Cites Noise Concerns, Denies Car Wash: Wilmette trustees voted 7-0 denying variance requests necessary to install a car wash at the Shell gas station at 3501 Lake Ave.
4) Gastropub Planned for Former C.J. Arthur's Location: Eight Wilmette families are investors and co-owners in the new project, which will aim to turn the 1168 Wilmette Ave. space into a new, family-friendly tavern and eatery serving “higher-end traditional bar food and other offerings.”
5) The Big Black Dog Tavern and Grill Opens its Doors: The Wilmette eatery features an extensive beer list, a large menu, flat screen TVs, an internet jukebox and many pictures of big black dogs.
Did we miss any? Let us know in the comments!
For more news on local businesses, sign up for the Wilmette-Kenilworth Patch's daily newsletter here and be sure to 'like' our Facebook page!