Five Events This Week in Wilmette, Kenilworth
Each week we share a list of upcoming events happening along the North Shore. Want your event featured? Add it to our calendar for free!
- When: Today, October 15, 2012, 6:30 p.m.
- Where: 510 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka
- Why Go?: Tomorrow is the last day to appeal your property tax assessment. The hour long session will educate taxpayers on how to file a successful tax appeal in a time when the economy is putting added pressures to home and business owners. Before the end of the evening, taxpayers will have an opportunity to work with staff from the Board of Review to address their specific questions and concerns.
- Pricing: Free
- When: Today, October 15, 2012, 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Wilmette Theatre, 1122 Central Ave, Wilmette
- Why Go?: An interactive cabaret in which the audience helps us pick our song order and performers put a twisted take on your favorite tunes. Come hear songs you know and love in three-part harmony sung by cabaret and theater performers Kevin Bishop, Steve Kimbrough, Paul Motondo under the musical direction of the incomparable Nick Sula.
- Pricing: $18
- When: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 7:00 p.m.
- Where: Wilmette Public Library, 1242 Wilmette Ave, Wilmette
- Why Go?: The period of Reconstruction following the Civil War unleashed conflicts over the meanings of freedom, equality, and the role of government in society that have continued to be debated in our political discourse. Historical interpretations of the era have changed significantly since the late 19th century. Richard Stacewicz, of Oakton Community College, will explore the history of the era as well as conflicting historical interpretations.
- Pricing: Free
- When: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 9:30 a.m.
- Where: 3000 Glenview Rd, Wilmette
- Why Go?: When Michele Hurwitz decided to go after her lifelong dream of writing a book, she encountered many obstacles on her journey -- the publishing kind, the confidence kind, and the “life happens” kind. What are her tried-and-true secrets for sticking it out? Michele will inspire you to make your writing a priority, no matter what life brings your way.
- Pricing: $15
- When: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 8:00 p.m.
- Where: 1723 Glenview Rd, Glenview
- Why Go?: Two New York couples discover that, due to a booking error, they've rented the same cottage for a three-day weekend. One couple, Frank and Peggy, is sedate and middle aged. The other, Tony and Jill, are free-wheeling and young. They decide to share the cabin. Before long, the comedic clash between the generations begins!
- Pricing: $25
Looking for more events? Visit our Events Calendar: Wilmette.patch.com/events. Want your event featured on this article? Add it to our calendar for consideration!