In late August, Patch reported that Wilmette garage and auto burglaries were up 67 percent in 2012. Above is a map detailing the locations and dates of these crimes.
From Jan. 1 through August 24, 132 garage and auto burglaries were reported to the Wilmette Police Department. Only 79 such burglaires were reported during the same period in 2011.
Nearly 80 percent of the burglaries occurred by alleys on Wilmette's east side, between Ridge and Sheridan Roads, and the Kenilworth and Evanston borders, police said.
Some map points represent and list multiple burglaries.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Wilmette Hit-and-Run Driver Leaves Fender-Bender with Woman Clinging to Vehicle
- Police: Suspect Arrested During Car Burglary-in-Progress
- Police: Woman Arrested for Prostitution Warrant
- Police: Hit-and-Run Driver Caught Driving Drunk
- Updated: Medical Group of the North Shore's Patient Contact Info Possibly Compromised