Memorial Day Weekend Forecast: Hot and Humid
Hot and humid weather will dominate much of the holiday weekend with the best chance of rain Friday night and early Saturday, and again on Memorial Day itself. The best days for that outdoor barbecue will be midday Saturday or Sunday with no rain expected
Saturday: Mostly cloudy in the morning with a 40 percent chance of showers/t-storms from 12 a.m. through 9 a.m. It will become partly sunny and breezy during the afternoon with a 25 percent chance of an isolated shower or t-storm from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Rain Amounts: 0.15 to 0.40 inches
Low temp: 60 degrees Fahrenheit
High temp: 83 degrees Fahrenheit
Wind: Southeast at 10-20 with gusts to 25 mph
Sunday: Partly sunny, windy and hot.
Low temp: 65 degrees Fahrenheit
High temp: 91 degrees Fahrenheit
Wind: Southwest at 15-25 with gusts to 30 mph
Memorial Day: Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of scattered showers/t-storms from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m. 60 percent chance of occasional showers/t-storms from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. Tuesday.
Rain Amounts: 0.35 to 0.75 inches
Low temp: 68 degrees Fahrenheit
High temp: 90 degrees Fahrenheit
Wind: Southwest at 10-20 with gusts to 30 mph
Your Week Ahead: May 25 to June 1
Temperature Trends: Summer-like weather will continue with highs in the mid 80’s Friday and Saturday with possibly a weak lake breeze developing later for the North Shore communities. The hottest temps will occur on Sunday and Monday with highs in the lower 90’s with and heat index values in the mid 90’s. It will cool off during the rest of the week with highs in the 70’s and 80’s with lower levels of humidity. Daily lows will mainly hold in the 60’s.
Precipitation Trends: Precipitation will average below normal.
Weekend Pattern: A heat dome will expand through the center of the country with a frontal boundary lifting north through the upper Midwest. While there may be a few t-storms later Friday and into early Saturday, the best chance of storms will really be to our north over Wisconsin with increasing chances of storms on Memorial Day.
Early to Midweek Pattern: As the front moves back south, several t-storm clusters will move into northern Illinois with possibly some severe weather. At this time, it looks like the best chance of severe weather will be late Monday or Monday night, possibly lingering into early Tuesday. Since the front will be rather progressive in nature, much of Tuesday and Wednesday look good with high pressure building back in from the west.
Late Week Pattern: The front may move back north as a warm front with more showers/t-storms possible by Friday or Friday night. These should be hit and miss though.
Severe Weather Outlook: Some storms could become severe by late Monday (mainly after 8 p.m.) with strong winds, hail and heavy rain in the strongest storms.
About Ryan: Predicting Mother Nature's Whims Block By Block