UPDATED: Power Restored to Wilmette Village Hall
2,000 ComEd customers in Wilmette are still without power as of 2 p.m. Tuesday
Power has been restored to Village Hall and most of the downtown Wilmette as of 12:50 p.m. Tuesday, according to Police. The building will remain closed until 7 p.m. tonight, until the board of trustees meeting.
Meanwhile 2,000 ComEd customers in Wilmette were still out of power as of 2 p.m., an e-alert from the village indicated.
Earlier in the day Police Chief Brian King told Patch that the following traffic lights remained down:
- Lake Avenue and Skokie Boulevard
- Lake Avenue and Locust Road
- Lake Avneu and Eden's Plaza
- Wilmette Avenue and Ridge Road
- Wilmette Avenue and Hunter Road
- Sheridan Road and Lake (knocked out on Tuesday)
- Sheridan Road and Westerfield Road (knocked out on Tuesday)
- Old Glenview Road and Crawford Avenue
A cooling center has been implemented at the Community Recreation Center, 3000 Glenview Rd., to provide for residents without power. Authorities are also encouraging people to go to the Wilmette Public Library, which has power. Police encourage customers to report outages to ComEd and refrain from calling the station.
"We've received hundreds of calls regarding the storm," said King, "We ask residents to call Edison for power outage issues."