Tomorrow is Small Business Saturday, a day that encourages people to patronize local, independent stores the day after crowds flock to malls and large retailers.
But the day can benefit consumers as well.
Small businesses throughout Wilmette are celebrating the day by offering special deals and discounts.
Check out these Wilmette spots offering holiday savings:
- Wilmette Pet Center, 625 Green Bay Rd.: Five percent off all purchases and 25 percent off setup kits for fish, hamsters, birds, reptiles and more.
- Leonidas Chocolate Café, 1157 Wilmette Ave.: 10 percent off all chocolate purchases on Black Friday.
- Antiques and Jewelry by Barats, 1129 Central Ave.: 10 to 20 percent off everything in the store and 40 to 50 percent off select items throughout the holiday season.
- Backyard Barbecue Store, 1147 Greenleaf Ave.: Will have an in-store cooking demonstration and a beer or wine tasting.
- Raven & Dove Antique, 1143 Greenleaf Ave.: 20 percent off everything
- Higher Gear, 1515 Sheridan Rd.: Has special deals on winter bike riding items.
Know of another worthwhile deal? Post it in the comments section below!
Want to follow similar articles in Wilmette and Kenilworth? Sign up for Wilmette-Kenilworth Patch's newsletter.