Photos: Winnetka Honors Olympic Gold Medalist with 'Conor Dwyer Day'
It's been a busy week for Winnetka native and Loyola Academy alum Conor Dwyer, who won a gold medal as part of the U.S. 800-meter freestyle relay team swimming with Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte and Ricky Bernes in London.
Conor Dwyer was honored with a day named after him in Winnetka Saturday.
The Village of Winnetka proclaimed Aug. 25 as "Conor Dwyer Day" during an event held at Hubbards Wood Park.
On Friday, Dwyer visited his old high school in Wilmette, where he was honored with Loyola Academy's Ignatian Medal.
- Video: What Did Conor Dwyer Say About His North Shore Supporters?
- Video: Conor Dwyer on His 2016 Olympics Plan
- Video: Conor Dwyer Started Swimming Career at Loyola Academy
- Video: Conor Dwyer Shares Olympics Experience
- Conor Dwyer Wins Gold in Olympic 800-Meter Relay
Want to follow similar articles in Winnetka, Glencoe and Northfield? Sign up for Winnetka-Glencoe Patch's newsletter.
Want to follow similar articles in Wilmette and Kenilworth? Sign up for Wilmette-Kenilworth Patch's newsletter.