The Village Board approved the six-story, 130 room Residence Inn by Marriott hotel, 3201 Old Glenview Road, in April despite objections from neighbors. Wilmette residents who oppose the development say it does not match the character of the existing neighborhood and could affect property values.
A neighbor of the project filed a lawsuit in May to stop the project, but the suit was dismissed in November. However, Scott Gendell, president of Terraco, which owns the property, told TribLocal that the suit delayed the purchase of the property by White Lodging Services Corp. Gendell said the sale should close in March with construction beginning later in the spring.
When the project was being debated last year, some residents objected to the village's staff report on the hotel while others supported the construction, saying it would be good for Wilmette.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Wilmette Hit-and-Run Driver Leaves Fender-Bender with Woman Clinging to Vehicle
- Police: Suspect Arrested During Car Burglary-in-Progress
- Police: Woman Arrested for Prostitution Warrant
- Police: Hit-and-Run Driver Caught Driving Drunk
- Updated: Medical Group of the North Shore's Patient Contact Info Possibly Compromised