Invite a friend
Free College Safety Seminar
Get the facts: What every parent and student should know about college safety
WHEN YOU CAN ATTEND:
Tuesday, May 8th: 5:30 & 7pm sessions
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:1 in 4 women attending college will be assaulted during her time there. This seminar is designed to help students do all they can to stay safe.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
• Where to get the safety facts on schools.
• The correlation between alcohol and sexual assaults.
• How to be more aware of danger and protect yourself.
• What types of tools and services are available to help.
• What to do if you are a victim.
WHO YOU WILL HEAR SPEAK:
Cynthia Flores is a full time police officer and a Personal Safety Consultant at StreetSafe. She is a graduate of the University of Illinois-Chicago with Masters and Bachelor degrees in Psychology and Criminal Justice. Currently, Cynthia is working with a police force initiative designed to help citizens be proactive in their personal safety.
There is no cost to attend the seminar, but space is limited. Reserve your spot today!
Sponsored by: StreetSafe (www.streetsafe.com)
More About Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library is a vital part of the community backbone. WPL offers an extensive collection of books, journals, microfilms, CDs, videos and more for all ages. Several classes and literary groups, including Senior Book Talks, Current Events Roundtable and Computer courses are available to residents.
The first collection of books for the public began in 1880 as a gift from a Wilmette literary society. Wilmette Public Library has stood at its present location since 1905 when a generous grant from Andrew Carnegie helped make free libraries available to all.
Other events here
- Finding Balance in an Unbalanced World Weekly on Thursdays, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- FREE Mentoring for Small Businesses and Start Ups May 7, 2013 / May 28, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 25, 2013, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Current Events Roundtable May 6, 2013 / May 20, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 17, 2013, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Korean/Vietnam Roundtable May 1, 2013 / June 5, 2013, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- ADHD Support Group May 1, 2013 / June 5, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Senior Health Insurance Counseling Thu, Jun 6, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- A Visit from Mary Todd Lincoln Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Reverse Mortgages: What the TV Ads Don’t Tell You Tue, Jun 11, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Diabetes Support Group Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- FREE Mentoring for Small Businesses and Start Ups May 21, 2013 / June 18, 2013, 5:00 pm–8:00 pm