Invite a friend
"New Drug Discovery: How and Why"
Brian Spear, retired Director of Scientific Affairs at Abbott Laboratories’ Department of Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, will discuss “New Drug Discovery: How and Why." Dr. Spear’s recent publications have addressed various aspects of genetics and genomics, including personalized medicine in drug development and patient
management, and ethical and regulatory issues relating to pharmacogenetics. This event is part of the Wilmette Public Library's 2012 "One Book, Everybody Reads" program, which is featuring best-selling author Ann Patchett's latest novel, "State of Wonder."
More About Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library is a vital part of the community backbone. WPL offers an extensive collection of books, journals, microfilms, CDs, videos and more for all ages. Several classes and literary groups, including Senior Book Talks, Current Events Roundtable and Computer courses are available to residents.
The first collection of books for the public began in 1880 as a gift from a Wilmette literary society. Wilmette Public Library has stood at its present location since 1905 when a generous grant from Andrew Carnegie helped make free libraries available to all.
Other events here
- Maximizing Results for Marketing Prospects or Job Hunting with Reference USA, Online Resource Today, May 22, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Finding Balance in an Unbalanced World Weekly on Thursdays, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- FREE Mentoring for Small Businesses and Start Ups May 7, 2013 / May 28, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 25, 2013, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Current Events Roundtable May 6, 2013 / May 20, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 17, 2013, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Korean/Vietnam Roundtable May 1, 2013 / June 5, 2013, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- ADHD Support Group May 1, 2013 / June 5, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Senior Health Insurance Counseling Thu, Jun 6, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- A Visit from Mary Todd Lincoln Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Reverse Mortgages: What the TV Ads Don’t Tell You Tue, Jun 11, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Diabetes Support Group Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm