Invite a friend
“Snapshots of a Life”--Memoir Writing with Nicole Hollander
More memoir writing at the Wilmette Public Library with Nicole Hollander in this two part workshop. Sign up for one or both parts to continue a story you've started or to get a fresh start on a new idea. Nicole is the creator of the syndicated cartoon strip Sylvia and writer of the blog Badgirlchats.com . If you are new to the gathering, please bring a photograph as an aide to memory as you write, read and discuss.
Part 1 October 6, 1:30 to 4 Part 2 October 20, 1 to 3
Register though the Library’s online calendar or call at 847 256-6930.
More About Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library is a vital part of the community backbone. WPL offers an extensive collection of books, journals, microfilms, CDs, videos and more for all ages. Several classes and literary groups, including Senior Book Talks, Current Events Roundtable and Computer courses are available to residents.
The first collection of books for the public began in 1880 as a gift from a Wilmette literary society. Wilmette Public Library has stood at its present location since 1905 when a generous grant from Andrew Carnegie helped make free libraries available to all.
Other events here
- FREE Mentoring for Small Businesses and Start Ups May 21, 2013 / June 18, 2013, 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- “Water Pressures: Education and Advocacy for our Water Futures” Film Screening and Discussion Today, May 21, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Antiques Appraisal with Frederick Dose Tomorrow, May 22, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Maximizing Results for Marketing Prospects or Job Hunting with Reference USA, Online Resource Tomorrow, May 22, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Finding Balance in an Unbalanced World Weekly on Thursdays, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- FREE Mentoring for Small Businesses and Start Ups May 7, 2013 / May 28, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 25, 2013, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Current Events Roundtable May 6, 2013 / May 20, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 17, 2013, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Korean/Vietnam Roundtable May 1, 2013 / June 5, 2013, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- ADHD Support Group May 1, 2013 / June 5, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Senior Health Insurance Counseling Thu, Jun 6, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm