Invite a friend
Tickets Available to hear author Ann Patchett speak about "State of Wonder"
Tickets will be available beginning May 5 for Wilmette and Kenilworth residents who wish to hear author Ann Patchett discuss her latest novel, "State of Wonder," on May 20 at
the Wilmette Jr. High School auditorium, 620 Locust Road, Wilmette. Remaining tickets will be available to non-residents beginning May 10. Each person may receive a maximum of 2 tickets. No phone reservations will be taken. Ticketed seats will be held until 10 minutes before the event, and, at that time, all unfilled seats will be open to the public. The May 20 event will be the culmination of the Wilmette Public Library's 2012 "One Book, Everybody Reads" program, which is featuring "State of Wonder" this year.
More About Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library is a vital part of the community backbone. WPL offers an extensive collection of books, journals, microfilms, CDs, videos and more for all ages. Several classes and literary groups, including Senior Book Talks, Current Events Roundtable and Computer courses are available to residents.
The first collection of books for the public began in 1880 as a gift from a Wilmette literary society. Wilmette Public Library has stood at its present location since 1905 when a generous grant from Andrew Carnegie helped make free libraries available to all.
Other events here
- FREE Mentoring for Small Businesses and Start Ups May 7, 2013 / May 28, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 25, 2013, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Current Events Roundtable May 6, 2013 / May 20, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 17, 2013, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Korean/Vietnam Roundtable May 1, 2013 / June 5, 2013, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- ADHD Support Group May 1, 2013 / June 5, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Senior Health Insurance Counseling Thu, Jun 6, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- A Visit from Mary Todd Lincoln Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Reverse Mortgages: What the TV Ads Don’t Tell You Tue, Jun 11, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Diabetes Support Group Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- FREE Mentoring for Small Businesses and Start Ups May 21, 2013 / June 18, 2013, 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Caregivers of Children with Mental Illness Support Group May 17, 2013 / June 21, 2013, 9:30 am–11:00 am