Weekend Weather Forecast for the North Shore

Always had a hunch for the weather and think you can feel it in your bones? Then check your stats with the North Shore's own meteorologist.

While the weather will become unsettled later Friday and Saturday, gradual improvement can be expected during the second half of the weekend as a frontal boundary shifts south of the area. Temperatures will average below normal over the next several days with a decent chunk of cold air Saturday and Sunday, which may result in some the development of patchy frost by early Sunday morning.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy and windy with a 60 percent chance of light rain showers from 12 a.m. to 2 p.m. 40 percent chance of some light rain and drizzle from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.

      Rain Amounts: 0.15 to 0.45 inches

      Low temp: 40 degrees Fahrenheit

      High temp: 45 degrees Fahrenheit

      Wind: Northeast at 15-25 with gusts to 35 mph

Sunday: Partly sunny and cool.

      Low temp: 33 degrees Fahrenheit

      High temp: 54 degrees Fahrenheit

      Wind: East at 10-15 mph

Monday: Partly sunny with more clouds moving in during the afternoon.

      Low temp: 40 degrees Fahrenheit

      High temp: 60 degrees Fahrenheit

      Wind: Southeast at 10-15 mph

Your Week Ahead: April 27 to May 4

Temperature Trends: Temperatures will average a little below normal.
Precipitation Trends:
Precipitation will average near to a little below normal.
Weekend Pattern:
A frontal boundary sagging south from the Midwest into the Ohio Valley will produce widespread showers on Saturday with rain weakening and pushing south during the afternoon. A large sprawling ridge of high pressure will build into the area during the second half of the weekend resulting in chilly temperatures and plentiful sunshine.
Early to Midweek Pattern:
Surface high pressure dominates through the beginning of the week with a good deal of sunshine and below average temperatures continuing. As the high moves east, shower and thunderstorm chances will begin to increase Tuesday through Thursday with possibly some strong to severe storms during this time. Temps may also begin to warm up toward the middle of the week.
Late Week Pattern:
Showers and thunderstorms may continue into a part of Friday with improving conditions toward the weekend.

Severe Weather Outlook: A few storms may become strong to possibly severe Tuesday through Thursday as several clusters of thunderstorms move through the Upper Midwest.

"Like" your local Patch's Facebook page and join the conversation online


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »