On December 4, a long standing tradition took place at Beth Hillel Congregation Bnai Emunah in Wilmette when the Sisterhood hosted a Hanukkah luncheon for people who have fewer opportunities to get out and observe the holiday as they once did.
Seniors and residents from group homes in the northern suburbs and Chicago were invited, including:
- Lieberman Geriatric Health Center, Skokie
- Adult Day Care Center, Chicago
- Friedman Place, Chicago
- Birchwood Plaza Nursing Home, Evanston
- Dobson Plaza Nursing Home, Evanston
- HCR Manor Care, Skokie
- Gross Pointe Manor Nursing Home, Skokie
- Robineau Residence for Seniors, Skokie.
A Hanukkah luncheon, complete with latkes (potato pancakes), was served by Sisterhood volunteers. The menorah candles were lit and the afternoon was filled with singing, stories, bingo games and gifts for all.