The Avenue, a 9,000-square-feet new restaurant featuring Italian, French and American food as well as craft beer is expected to open by Memorial Day Weekend on Wilmette Avenue, Chicago Tribune reported.
The Avenue’s co-owner Mitchell Dulin says the average entrée will be in the $10 to $15 range and will feature multiple concepts under one roof, such as a lounge area, a family dining section, an upscale dining room and maybe even a Munich-style beer garden in the parking lot, Chicago Tribune reported.
Just down the road, the Avenue will have some healthy competition when gastropub Nick’s is also expected to open around the same time in the former C.J. Arthur’s location.
Several Wilmette families are investors and co-owners in the new project, which aims to turn the 1168 Wilmette Ave. space into a new, family-friendly tavern and eatery serving “higher-end traditional bar food and other offerings.”
- Gastropub Planned for Former C.J. Arthur's Storefront
- Wilmette Business Opens Cafes at 2 CTA Stations
- Wilmette Designer Kitchens Showcased in Junior League Tour
- Four New Trier Businesses Shut Their Doors
- What Should Replace Wah Mei Chop Suey?