Katie Davis Memorial Blood Drive
- When: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 7:00 a.m.
- Where: 410 Kenilworth Ave, Kenilworth
- Why Go?: The Katie Davis Memorial Blood Drives started in the early 1990s to provide Kenilworth resident Katie Davis with life sustaining support as she fought a form of pediatric cancer. Unfortunately, Katie lost her battle with cancer, but the blood drives continue in her honor. Donating is quick, easy, painless and perfectly safe.
- Pricing: Free
Wilmette French Market
- When: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 8:00 a.m.
- Where:Metra Union Pacific North Line: Wilmette Station, 722 Green Bay Rd.
- Why Go?: With summer in our midst, it can only mean one thing: the arrival of Farmers Market season! Public markets are synonymous with French culture and style, and Bensidoun USA’s French Markets are a direct descendent of this rich and beloved tradition. Bensidoun opened its first market nearly 60 years ago outside of the City of Lights, expanding to Illinois in 1997. Stroll through any of Bensidoun’s French Markets, and you’re guaranteed to experience the finest in local produce, delicacies from well-known area restaurants, freshly baked breads and pastries from artisan bakeries, and seasonal spreads from Chicagoland orchards.
- Pricing: Free
Gentle "Easy Does It Yoga"
- When: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 9:30 a.m.
- Where:Full Bloomed Lotus, 1217 Washington Ave, Wilmette
- Why Go?: Gain confidence, balance and strength with simple yoga postures including chair yoga. The 70-minute session will allow you to focus on the breath and safe alignment, and enjoy a reduction in stress and anxiety. The class is taught by Daniela Nevo, a Certified Yoga Teacher who is currently focusing on Joint Freeing Yoga Therapy.
- Pricing: $14
Comedy at the Mette presents Adam Burke
- When: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 9:00 p.m.
- Where:Wilmette Theatre, 1122 Central Ave, Wilmette
- Why Go?: Originally from the UK, Adam Burke's absurdist, verbose comedy covers not only the vagaries of life in his adopted hometown of Chicago, but also the usefulness of mammoths, dogs who study law, and the importance of gangland grammar. He was recently listed as one of the Top Four Stand-Up Comedians in Chicago by Comedy.com.
Opera in Cinema Presents L'Italiana in Algeri
- When: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 2:30 p.m.
- Where: Wilmette Theatre, 1122 Central Ave, Wilmette
- Why Go?: Giacomo Rossini wrote L’Italiana in Algeri in only 18 days when he was 21 years old – and now, almost 200 years later, audiences still thrill at both the manic energy and elegant melodies that make it a masterpiece. This light-hearted production from the Teatro Comunale di Bologona stars Anna Maria Sarra as the broken-hearted Elvira, Michele Pertusi as the lecherous Mustafà, Edgardo Rocha as the devoted Lindoro, and Marianna Pizzolato as the smart and resourceful Italian girl of the title.
- Pricing: $20
Want to follow similar articles in Wilmette and Kenilworth? Sign up for Wilmette-Kenilworth Patch's newsletter.