Residential Burglary: On Dec. 13 at 3pm four males entered a residence in the 2700 block of Orchard Lane posing as village authorities. The group of men told the residents that they were checking for contaminated water, according to a police statement. Half of the burglars distracted the residents while the other two stole jewelry, checks and cash from the home.
According to a police alert, the burglars were described as potentially being Hispanic or Eastern European. The following information was also provided:
- Male; 5'9" tall, 250 lbs, 45-years-old; dark hair; wearing dark colored jacket, jeans, gloves & Chicago Bears baseball hat;
- Male, 5'5" tall, 170 lbs, 25-years-old, wearing dark colored jacket, jeans and Chicago Bears baseball hat;
- Male, 5'6", 175 lbs, 25-years-old, dark hair; unknown clothing
- Male, 5'6", 170 lbs, 25-years-old, dark hair, wearing dark clothing
UPS Packages Stolen: On Dec. 10 and 11, police received reports of UPS three packages being stolen from a residence in the 1000 block of Oakwood and a residence in the 800 block of Oakwood. The incidents occured between Dec. 6 and 9, accoring to officials. The parcels taken from porches, also included a credit card taken from a mailbox.
Police recommend to take the following measures when receiving packages:
- Arrange for delivery when someone is home.
- If no one can be home, arrange for delivery to a neighbor who is home, or have a neighbor pick it up.
- Arrange to pick up the package at the company's distribution center.
- If all of the above is not possible, arrange to pick up the package at a place not in public view.