New Trier High School graduate Daniel Chookaszian, 31, has taken his gratitude for veterans and made it a part of his career as a mortgage broker, about a third of his clients are veterans that he helps to obtain VA mortgages, which are backed by the government and have no down payment requirement, Wilmette Life reported.
Chookaszian, a private mortgage broker for Perl Mortgage, says to see veterans who have made sacrifices to protect others struggle when they return to civilian life is a travesty, that’s why the New Trier grad works with veterans of all ages, including those who are in their 80s, Wilmette Life reported.
Related New Trier Coverage
- Notable NTHS Alumn Address Current Students
- Police: New Trier Student Arrested for Tweeting Fake Bomb Threat
- New Trier Speaker: Kids Step in to Prevent Bullying Only 20% of Time
- New Trier Grad Postpones College to Climb the World’s Seven Summits
- New Trier Students Test Underwater Robot at Glenview Park District Pool
- New Trier's Winter Carnival Raises Money for Charity