1) District 39 Superintendent Reassures Parents After Connecticut School Shooting: A letter to parents emphasized the district's commitment to school safety.
2) : Wilmette and Kenilworth schools are some of the best in Illinois and Chicagoland, according to a pair of recent Chicago Tribune lists and Chicago Sun-Times rankings.
3) : New Trier Township High School District 203 Superintendent Linda Yonke hopes families use this incident to reinforce internet safety.
4) New Trier Student Wants Backyard Chickens Legalized: New Trier High School junior Zan Fisher recently requested the Village of Wilmette host a hearing on backyard chickens.
5) New Trier Student's Suicide Puts Mom on Mission: The organization, Elyssa’s Mission, has created a scholarship program to encourage Loyola Academy students to raise awareness of teen suicide.
6) : Kenilworth’s Joseph Sears School took the top spot for best elementary school in Cook County,according to rankings released by Chicago Magazine, while New Trier ranks 2nd.
7) New Trier Teen Stars in Hallmark Hall of Fame Movie This Weekend: Peter ten Brink plays a high school student with Down syndrome in "A Smile as Big as the Moon,” airing Jan. 29 on ABC-TV.
8) U of MN Enjoys Boost in Applications from New Trier Seniors: Reduced out-of-state tuition is a surprise to a veteran college counselor while providing stiff competition to the University of Illinois, a previous popular destination.
9) 6 New Trier Students Charged with Distributing Inappropriate Photos: The male students are being charged as juveniles and police are not releasing their names.
10) Loyola Students Take to the Streets to Connect with Chicago Homeless: For five Tuesdays in spring, high school students from Loyola Academy in Wilmette have commuted to Chicago's Uptown neighborhood for a homeless ministry program called Labre.