Information provided by .
Wilmette Park District will host the Independence Day 2012 Celebration July 3, Tuesday, at .
As in previous years, road closures will occur near the park in order to safely accommodate the large volume of pedestrian traffic. Roads will be closed at 6:00 PM and re-opened at approximately 10:30 PM.
- Sheridan Road between Lake Avenue and Isabella will be closed. Southbound vehicles will be detoured at Lake and then west to Green Bay Road. Northbound traffic will be detoured at Isabella and directed westbound to Poplar and then to Green Bay Road.
- 700 and 800 blocks of Michigan Avenue will be closed.
- 4th Street will be closed between Lake and Central.
- Washington will be closed east of 4th.
- Central will be closed east of 4th.
- Greenleaf, Linden and Maple will be closed east of 3rd.
- 3rd Street will be closed for north bound traffic at Greenleaf.
Handicap Parking and Drop Off / Pick UP Zone:
Limited handicap parking will be available in the Gillson Beach Lot. Handicap drop off and pick up will be available at the Gillson Beach House.
Traffic will be routed east on Lake Avenue to Sheridan Road, north on Sheridan Road to Forest Avenue; east on Forest Avenue to Michigan Avenue; south on Michigan Avenue to Lake Avenue; east on Lake Avenue to the Beach House to Drop Off Zone and exit the Beach Lot west on Lake Avenue.
Signs will be posted along Lake Avenue west of Sheridan Road; along Sheridan Road north of Lake; along Forest Avenue east of Sheridan Road and along Michigan Avenue south of Forest Avenue directing vehicles to this zone.
In , there is parking for the public available in the beach lot only. However, the Gillson Beach lot is normally full by 4:00 PM.
The following are other public parking locations:
- Edens Plaza (Free and recommended)
- Metra Lot (Free and recommended)
- CTA Lot
- Legal street parking on side streets west of 5th Street.
Pace Bus Route:
Special buses will operate between Edens Plaza and Gillson Park, traveling east on Lake, south on 12th Street, east on Central to Gillson Park, dropping off passengers on Michigan, south of Washington. There will be a $3.50 fare on the way to the park only: a ticket will be issued for the return trip.
Riders with valid Circuit Ride Free Permit and children under the age of 7 are free. Passengers are reminded to please have exact fare ready (dollar bills OK) when they board (driver cannot make change) and to watch for the special marked loading areas at the park for the return trip.