A La Carte
For 30 years now, A La Carte, a gourmet kitchen and food store, has been ensuring that its patrons get the freshest (never frozen) soups, sandwiches and full-service catering. Head chef Tom Weflen and his staff prepare everything on the premises. The menu is constantly changing and two weeks' worth of the most current menus can be found on the store's website.
- Fax: 847-256-0387
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 10am - 6:30pm; Sat, 10am - 5:30pm; Sun, 11am - 3pm
- Founding Date: 1980
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Soups, sandwiches, entrees (fresh and refrigerated for takeout), coffee, bars, freshly baked breads, wine, crackers, dips, chips
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: alacarteinc.com/This%20weeks%20menu.htm
- Specialties: Sesame noodles are a favorite and are one menu item that is available seven days a week.
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: People know other people by name, and it's comfortable community.
- Cuisine: American, Bistro, Dessert / Ice Cream, French, German, Hawaiian, International, Irish, Italian, Mexican, Sandwiches, Vegetarian/Vegan
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Herb Dijon-crusted beef tenderloin with red wine reduction
- Price level: $$
- Executive chef: Tom Weflen
- Number of tables: 20
- Features: Breakfast, Brunch, Catering, Dinner, Group-friendly, Kids' Menu, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Fine dining, Fun
- Dress code: Casual